Monday, March 4, 2013

Jasmines Bloom




I am sure we all have ordered fragrance or essential oils that we intend to use sometime.
This was my 'sometime' for Jasmine.
I googled to find some pictures of the Jasmine flower to inspire me in making  this soap.
Most Jasmine flowers have white petals.
 

Some Jasmine petals had a bit of yellow in the center of them.

 

There were a few Jasmine that were yellow.

 

Then there was Jasmine that were white & with the Stamens that was yellow.

 
In the end I decided to make the soap two toned yellow soap with some white and a bit of green for the foliage.

I decided to make this a vegan soap. The oils I used were:

Cocoa Butter

Coconut Oil
Shea Butter
Soybean Oil
and Sunflower Oil



I used Arizona rain water

Sodium Hydroxide
and Jasmine Fragrance Oil from 'Essential Depot'.


The soap was at very light trace, and I could have waited a bit longer before I poured, but decided to just go ahead.



I did a layering pour where I poured a line of soap down the center of the mold, and then poured a different color down the center of the first color I poured and so on, until all was poured but a bit that I dribbled on to top it off. I spooned the edges toward the middle of the soap.

I added some sugar sprinkles on top and a bit of glitter.

                It comes out of the mold very soft, but hardens up great in the   
                                       four week curing time!

This is what the final bar looked like.



This was a four pound batch of soap, and
I used about 4 Tbsp on Jasmine Fragrance Oil. It was pretty strong. If you want a more mellow scent I would suggest using less, if you were to buy the fragrance from Essential Depot. 


Have a great Monday!
ValerieAnn

2 comments:

  1. Oh it looks yummy and sooo devine! Bet it smells great too! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw...thanks Audrey! It does smell great,and it was a fun soap to make.

      Delete